POLICY STATEMENT: It is the policy of Preferred AFC that all AFC clients reside in a safe and secure environment where their individualized rights are acknowledged and respected. It is the responsibility of the agency to oversee that the rights of the clients are strictly adhered to thus improving their quality of life.
ALL AFC CLIENTS HAVE THE FOLLOWING RIGHTS:
- The right to receive personal care that meets your individualized needs in a safe and secure environment.
- The right to be treated with respect and dignity in your AFC home regardless of medical diagnosis, psychiatric diagnosis or cultural background.
- The right to privacy (HIPPA/confidentiality regulations to be followed).
- The right to voice concerns or dissatisfaction with any aspect of AFC services provided without fear of retaliation.
- The right to reside in a safe and clean home which meets the requirements of the AFC program.
- The right to receive prompt medical treatment which meets the standards of the AFC program criteria.
- The right to safely express your personal, cultural and religious preferences with acceptance in your AFC home. This includes personal guests or relative visitation. AFC client should participate in the decisions involving choice of physicians, dentists or other consultants involved in their care.
- The right to participate in the decisions which involve extra-curricular activities as well as daily schedule and desired sleep patterns.
- The right to be free of abuse and neglect in the AFC home.
- The right to be a fair hearing if denial of participation in the program is stated.
- The right to participate in the decision making process involved in alternative placement should the current caregiver be unavailable to provide services.
- The right to participate in any other decision making process which involve medical, psychiatric, financial or personal issues which could impact their quality of life and services provided.